Your helpful guide to living with Groovy Students.

From finding student accommodation in the UK, to what it’s like living at Groovy Students. Below are some of the questions we get asked most.


Who is eligible to book with Groovy Students?


All students who are enrolled on a course are eligible to stay in a Groovy Student Accommodation


If I am doing an internship/placement year or part time course, am I allowed to live with Groovy Students?


You are able to live in one of our Groovy Students Accommodation as long as you are still classified as a student and are enrolled on a course.


How much is the reservation fee?


The reservation fee is £300 non refundable


How and when do I pay the reservation fee?


You pay your £300 reservation fee at the point of booking. This will secure your room for 28 days in order for you to send us documentations.


How do I book?


You can book online by just following the step-by-step process, or alternatively you can call us to book your room.


What is the booking process?


Once you have secured your room with the reservation fee, you will have 28 days to submit forms to us with your information, which may include guarantor’s details, visa details and contact details. Once we have your details, we require first payment to be received prior to move in date.


What is your cancellation policy?


You can cancel at any time however the reservation fee is non refundable.


What happens if I am an international student waiting for visa?


If you are an international student waiting for your Visa, the 28 days can be extended due to extenuating circumstances to give you the necessary time to get us the paperwork.


If I am an international student can I pay in installments?


Normally we only accept full payment prior to international students moving in, however if there is extenuating circumstances we can look at other options. Please contact us to enquire.


As an international student do I need a guarantor?


International students do not need a guarantor as you pay the full amount prior to moving in.


Can I transfer my booking to a different Groovy Students development?


Yes, you can transfer your to another Groovy Student accommodation after booking depending on availability. An administration cost of £50 is applicable


Can I change my room?


If you have reserved your room, you can change to another room depending on availability. An administration fee of £50 is applicable.


What happens if my loan doesn’t get paid on time and I can’t pay my installment before the due date?


We understand that student loans payments can get delayed. We will work with you to find a solution so that your stay is not interrupted.


Do you allow short term lets?


No we do not allow short term lets.


What happens if I can’t make my payment on time?


We will work with you to help you bring you back up to date.


How can I pay my rent?


You can pay your rent online, via BACS transfer or via phone by card.


Can I leave early and get the remainder of my rent back?


As with any contract you may still be liable for the cost of the duration of your stay, however please contact our customer service to discuss if you need to cancel your contract early.


Can I move in early?


If you need to move in early, it will be dependent on the availability of your room, however we will work with you to accommodate you.



Can I view a studio?


Yes you can view a studio, please contact our customer services team to arrange a viewing.



Do you allow couples to stay?


Yes, we have double rooms where we allow couples to stay as long as both are students enrolled on a course.



Do I have to share my kitchen/bathroom in a studio?


No. If you stay in one of our studios, your kitchen and bathroom are for your own personal use.


As a disabled person I have specific requirements for my living needs, can Groovy Students cater for these?


If you have specific requirements, please feel free to contact our customer services who will do their very best to accommodate your needs.


What is a guarantor?


A guarantor is a third party, such as a parent or close relative, who is liable to pay your rent if you don’t pay it or cover for any damage that is caused to the building.



Who needs a guarantor?


Students from the UK who choose to pay in installments require a guarantor. International students do not require guarantor as payment will be taken in advance.


Who can be a guarantor?


A parent or a close relative who lives in the UK can be a guarantor.


What bills do I need to pay?


All bills such as gas, electricity, water, content insurance and internet are inclusive of the rent. As you are a student, council tax is exempt.


Is bedding included within the room?


Bedding is not included however, there are nearby stores, which you are able to purchase bedding quite easily.



Are there fridges included in the rooms?

The vast majority of our rooms have their own private fridges in them for your convenience, however there are some, which do not. Please refer to the room guides to see what each room offers.


Do I need to bring any furniture?


All of our rooms contain furniture such as desk, seats and coffee table. If you wish to bring other furniture you can do so.


Are there kitchen facilities in my room?


Some rooms do contain kitchen facilities, however all of our residents have access to a communal kitchen. Please refer to the room guides to see which rooms have kitchen facilities.


Do I need to bring my own saucepans, plates, cutlery, etc?


Groovy Students accommodations all have cutlery for residents however if you wish to bring your own, you are more than welcome to.


Is there a TV in my room?


Some of our accommodations do have TV’s in the room as standard. Please refer to the room guides to see what each rooms offer.


What happens if there is a breakage or problem with my room?


If you have a breakage or problem with your room, you can contact one of our building managers who will be able to help you or if it is out of hours, report it to us through email.


Is there a common room?


Yes there are communal areas where you can get to know other residents. We encourage all our students to engage with other residents as it is a great way to make friends and develop a great atmosphere, which is why we have game rooms, pool room, study rooms and general common rooms.


Will I get a cleaner?


We have regular cleaners who keep the communal areas tidy, however we still expect our residents to tidy after themselves, especially in the communal areas.


Do I have to supply my own food?


Yes, all residents will have to buy their own food.


Can my friend store their belongings in my room?

No, we only allow residents to store their own belongings in their room.



Can I have guests to stay?


We do occasionally allow guests to stay with our residents however, they must adhere to the terms and conditions and ultimately they are the responsibility of the resident who they are staying with. Any damage or issues the resident who they are staying with will be responsible. If you wish for your guest to stay overnight, you must inform us of their name and contact details.


Is insurance included in my rent?


Your contents. Covered.

By partnering with Endsleigh, the No.1 student insurance provider, we’ve arranged contents insurance for all our students staying with us in our residence at no cost to you.

It is important all students confirm their cover to ensure you understand what is and isn’t covered. Plus you’ll also be entered into a prize draw, courtesy of Endsleigh!

Visit confirm your cover to see:

  • What is and what isn’t covered
  • Policy excess – the amount you pay when you make a claim
  • How to make a claim
  • Personalise cover

We understand students have a limited budget so Endsleigh have launched brand new, unique student insurance options. They have been designed to cover the risks that you may encounter whilst living in student accommodation and away from home.


Is your accommodation suitable for mature students?


Yes, we have quite a few mature students who live in Groovy Student accommodations as they can socialise with others but also enjoy their own private rooms.



Are there specific times of the day that I can move in?


Generally we request that students move in/move out during opening hours (10am-5pm) so that if they have any questions, our on site management team are able to answer straightaway. If you need to move in before or after please let us know in advance so we can make preparations for your arrival.


How safe is my room?


Your room is extremely safe. As well as having state of the art security system to enter the accommodation grounds, each room has there own secure locks and all communal areas have high definition 24/7 CCTV coverage.


Can I smoke in my room?


No. We do not allow smoking in the buildings however we do have designated areas outside for you to smoke.


Where can I store my bike?


We have designated secure bike storage so that you have peace of mind when leaving your bikes locked.


Can I bring my car?


You can however please double check the specific accommodation has secure parking for your car.


Do you have a gym?


Yes, all Groovy Student accommodations have gyms with the latest fitness equipment’s, which available to you 24/7.


Who should I contact if I have a problem with the Internet?


Should you have any issues with your Internet, please contact our on site management team and they will be able to assist you.


Where do I wash my clothes?


All Groovy Students accommodation has washing machine and dryer facilities free as standard so you don’t need to worry.


Is detergent provided?


No, each resident is responsible for his or her own laundry detergent.


Do you have Sky TV?


Most of our accommodations will have Sky TV but please check prior to booking.


What are the unacceptable electronic items and why do Groovy Students have them?


Most electronic items are allowed in Groovy Students accommodations however we ask that all residents are mindful of their neighbours and any personal items which may cause disturbance/ noise/distress to others we may ask for them to be removed from the premises.

Translate 中文 »